Druid Hill Elementary School
The Omaha Public School District wanted to adapt a design used previously at three other locations, to an inner-city location, adjacent to an existing school that was to be demolished.
The site for the new school had contained a battery-processing plant. Due to lead contamination, the building was demolished, and extensive site remediation was required.
The educational specifications established by the administration, staff and parents resulted in:
– A media center at core of facility with multimedia distribution system networked to all learning areas.
– An administrative area located centrally for good visual control.
– A gymnasium and multiuse wing isolated for security during after-school activities.
– A teacher-preparation area provided apart from the classrooms.
– Flexible use of space for conferences, school psychologist, special education and individual teaching.
– Core rooms of each classroom wing designed as tornado shelters.
– All entries equipped with card readers for security.
– An energy-efficient building envelope with windows that furnish optimal natural light.
Cost per Sq Ft
2002 Architectural Portfolio
Other projects from this professional
Gifford Park Elementary School
Design Team Eileen Korth, AIA, CSI, A4LE (Project Manager & Designer); April Kick,...
Peru State College, W. N. Delzell Residence Hall Addition and Renovation
Design team: Eileen Korth, AIA (Principal Project Manager); Cheryl Kiel, AIA (Project...
Wayne State College, U.S. Conn Library Addition and Renovation
Design team:Jack H. Jackson, AIA (Principal Project Manager); Eileen Korth, AIA (Project...
Peru State College, Jindra Fine Arts Building
Jindra Fine Arts Building, a Peru State College project, completely reorganized this...Load more