The former Sigma Phi Chapter House was purchased by Hamilton College in 2003 and underwent significant remodeling in order to house the financial aid and admission offices. Extensive historically appropriate renovations, including a new slate roof, a restored front door, reproduction leaded-glass windows, three replica chimneys (built on site and lifted into place), and ASSOCIATED FIRMSaratoga Associates, Site DesignCOST PER SQ FT$174.00FEATURED IN2007 Architectural PortfolioSUB CATEGORYRenovation office space on the second floor have brought this grand old building into the 21st century, and presented a welcoming and impressive edifice.
Other renovations also were undertaken to preserve the historic elements of the building:
•Two operational fireplaces repaired.
•Vaulted ceiling in great room repaired and preserved.
•Renovated porch saved after 1915 fire.
•Salvaged and refinished woodwork and paneling on first floor.
•Clinton quarry stone removed from sections of the facade, split and reused on addition.
•Rebuilt and refinished bench in front alcove.
On June 1, 2007, the newly named Siuda House was dedicated in honor of Chester and Joy Siuda in recognition of their leadership support and extraordinary dedication to the college.