Cary Quadrangle is a five-building complex named for Franklin L. Cary, son of Franklin M. Cary, financial contributor to the first building in the complex, which opened in 1928. Constructed from 1927 through 1940, Cary Quadrangle originally was designed to house 980 students. Today, completed renovations provide living space for 1,555 students. Cary Quadrangle South ASSOCIATED FIRMRowland DesignCOST PER SQ FT$110.71FEATURED IN2007 Educational InteriorsINTERIOR CATEGORYInterior RenovationSUB CATEGORYRenovation the final part of a six-phase renovation of the historic, all-male residence hall on Purdue University’s West Lafayette campus.
Rededicated for the fall semester of 2006, Cary Quadrangle South is 140,000 square feet of rehabilitated space designed to provide contemporary housing for students and staff. Renovations include the restoration of the main lobby; a streamlined mail lobby, and mail-processing and delivery area with custom woodworking and lighting; a completely remodeled student dining room, the Knight Spot Grill; remodeled student bathrooms; and refinished lounges, rooms and commons areas. Furniture in recreational and study lounges has been refinished and reupholstered, providing a contemporary update while maintaining the traditional look and feel of the original furnishings. The entire facility is handicapped-accessible.