The architect was selected by James Madison University to renovate and expand Harrison Hall, the home of the university’s School of Arts and Letters. Harrison Hall was constructed in 1914 and connected to the Harrison Annex building in 1921. This building is on the historic campus quad.
Additions were planned carefully to preserve the original elements of the CAPACITY1,197COST PER SQ FT$135.60FEATURED IN2006 Architectural PortfolioSUB CATEGORYRenovation and to match new materials with the surroundings. The renovation places the various schools and departments of the college under one roof, including the School of Media Arts and Design, the speech communication department, the writing program, the Institute of Technical and Scientific communication, and the media resources and telecommunications department.
The four-story structure houses multiple classrooms, two large lecture auditoriums, administrative offices and specialized computer laboratories. The building also houses a state-of-the-art television studio equipped with the latest broadcast environment. The building opened in time for the 2005-06 academic year.