The building was constructed in 1957, with the northernmost wing added in 1963. This newest renovation and addition brings the structure up to current energy and program standards.
The renovation includes a contemporary masonry and metal-clad building exterior, along with updated classrooms, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning systems and technology systems. The CAPACITY941COST PER SQ FT$103.00FEATURED IN2006 Architectural Portfolio two-story remedial gymnasium was converted into two usable floors, one of which became the wellness center. The main gymnasium was lengthened by 10 feet and renovated, and the locker rooms were expanded.
The existing auditorium was razed and replaced with a new structure in about the same location.
The cyber bridge (media center) houses a two-tiered distance-learning room, which gives the district in-house flexibility with various modes of teaching, including the use of off-site sources of instruction.
The existing cafeteria was doubled in size, and the kitchen was renovated. Circulation was improved throughout the building by enclosing the E-shaped academic wings. A skylighted commons area maximizes access to the auditorium and administrative offices, as well as community rooms and restrooms.