The building was designed to spark the imagination of students. It creates an excitement for learning by displaying both the products of academic curriculum and the actual learning process. Four smaller learning communities were created as the core of the facility: “School of Fine Arts,” “School of Business,” ”School of Construction Trades,” and “School of Science CAPACITY2,400COST PER SQ FT$97.10FEATURED IN2005 Architectural Portfolio Technology.”
The architecture is open, light, fresh and exciting, while allowing learning to function. The facility is flexible, with space to allow teachers to integrate curriculum. Multiuse learning environments make subject matters relevant to students.
The school embraces technology. Each student has a world of information at his or her “palm” rather than an outdated textbook.
Davis High has expanded beyond its physical campus to partner with the Davis Applied Technology College, adjacent to the high school campus.
Davis High School was the first public high school in Davis County, built in 1914, just 200 yards from the county’s geographic center. Seventeen additions had been added, the last in 1994. The design committee wanted a contemporary architecture that would respect the existing 1994 contextual auditorium (the only structure of the existing school to remain). A new entry was added to the auditorium, replicating the original facade and incorporating the “A.D. 1914” cornerstone.