The existing middle school campus was a compilation of detached buildings in a disorganized arrangement. The buildings were constructed in 1949, 1969, 1977 and 1989. The architect worked closely with the administration to develop an efficient master plan utilizing the existing buildings.
The new plan redefines the main entrance and circulation of the campus. The main CAPACITY450COST PER SQ FT$142.82FEATURED IN2002 Architectural Portfolio was shifted to a prominent position on the campus and creates an identifiable entry, dropoff area and efficient building circulation. Site improvements include additional parking and service delivery for the new kitchen/cafeteria. The cafeteria also serves as a commons and lobby area for the existing gymnasium/auditorium.
The program included band and music classrooms, science lab classrooms, administration and nurses offices, and renovation of existing classroom spaces. The new multiple additions and the separate buildings create enclosed and organized circulation, while providing ADA-accessible routes throughout the campus.
Renovations included a new electrical service, lighting, fire-alarm system, data/information technology network infrastructure, air conditioning and exterior door replacement.