Following an extensive study and community-based meetings, the district decided to consolidate its two aging elementary facilities into one. The building was a 45-year-old elementary school that is part of the middle/high school campus. The project included renovation of the existing building; one-story additions for classrooms and a gymnasium; and extensive sitework to CAPACITY700COST PER SQ FT$121.55FEATURED IN2002 Architectural Portfolio new parking, separate bus and parent dropoff/pickup areas, site lighting, stormwater management, playground areas and landscaping.
- Modern technology and communication systems.
- Vibrant and exciting learning spaces.
- Sustainable site design.
- High-performance, energy-conserving building materials and design.
- Special areas for art, music, science, media center, computer labs, gymnasium and cafeteria.
- Outdoor environment and ecology areas.
The design features grade-level clusters throughout the building wings. The design creates an environment that responds to the physical, intellectual, psychological and social needs of students. A variety of spatial experiences stimulate these curious minds in their new central elementary building.