Originally completed in 1928, Cary Quadrangle East was the first on-campus housing unit for men and the first of six units that formed Cary Quadrangle. When renovation started in May 2001, Cary East was transformed into a modern housing facility that retains its original Collegiate Gothic charm.
With its rededication, the transformed building houses 132 students and ASSOCIATED FIRMRowland Design, Inc.COST PER SQ FT$96.15FEATURED IN2002 Educational InteriorsINTERIOR CATEGORYResidence Halls/Lounges staff members in suite-style rooms that share semi-private baths. Each room features spacious walk-in closets, modular furniture, access to multiple voice and data outlets, and air conditioning with individual climate controls.
On each floor students have access to floor kitchenettes and lounges, and the basement features a large laundry facility, computer lab, music room and recreation lounge with vending area. The ground floor features an oak-paneled formal lounge, with fireplaces and original furniture re-upholstered to maintain the historical 1920s ambience of the building. Throughout renovation, original design details such as oak six-paneled doors, wood wainscoting and paneling have been retained wherever possible to preserve the original fabric of the building.